Friday, September 28, 2012

Beautiful Weather


If the stinking hot weather during the summer was the price forthis absolutely beautiful autumn air, then it was worth it. Literally, I have been sitting outside any chance I have. 
A few times, i have gone outside and sat under a giant tree behind the Justin Potter Residence Hall. It's late in the day, so it's a bit chilly, but if you're in the sun, it's perfect. You can enjoy the sunshine without getting too warm. I finish my homework, read, and practice my lines for the Curious Savage play. 
Today, I'm simply sitting at the beginning of the quad, on the benches underneath the flag pole. Again, the sun is matched perfectly with the cool breeze. There are tons of yellow butterflies flying from pink flower to white flower to red flower to orange flower, then across to another bed of flowers to start all over again. 
I tried to catch a picture of them all, but, no joke, as soon as I started taking pictures, they scattered. I could only get, at most, two in a photo together!
So, you'll just have to take my word for it. It was beautiful.  
I keep trying to go outside, lay a blanket down, have my sketchbook, my books, my script, and music, and just get a ton of stuff done, while soaking up the warmth of the sun. So far, it's rained, it's been "mowing day" and it's rained some more. Thus, this little dream has not come true yet.
 
And, goodness, I always forget that the due date for blog posts are on Friday. Of course, though, as soon as I finish this, I'll suddenly have lots of ideas to write about!
Figures.

2 comments:

  1. I love it when the weather is warm, but not hot, with gentle breezes. It is so relaxing. You are able to just let your mind go from stressed overdive to calm flowing river. If that makes any sense. It is a great feeling when you can just sit down, do all that needs to be done, while enjoying the nature that surrounds you. I loved hearing about the butterflies! A shame about the pictures though. I really hope that your "little dream" comes true. Almost nothing compares to just being able to soak up rays of sunshine while you watch nature unfold around you. Simply amazing. Glorious even. Love reading your blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this warm weather as well. It just seems to make my day! I wish I could have seen those butterflies! I love butterflies. However, the rain has sucked. It just kind of messed up the flow of the nice beautiful days. I swear they mow the grass everyday! Every time I walk to a class or back to my room from a class I always see guys on lawnmowers. I wonder how much they get paid just to mow the grass on the campus. I wonder if they even mow grass anywhere else because I honestly think they are here every day. Anyways, I think it is great that you just sit outside and enjoy this weather. It is so relaxing and peaceful. It is almost it can be a stress reliever. You can just sit back, take a breath, and just enjoy life and nature for a bit. Keep enjoying this wonderful weather while you can before it gets too cold! Oh and enjoy it extra for me!

    ReplyDelete