Monday, September 10, 2012

"--literally, the feeling of happiness."

I absolutely love the moment of inspiration overload that makes the urge to do something, anything, impossible to resist.

My mind races.

The words are just dying to reach my fingertips and come into existence.

My heart is happy--literally, the feeling of happiness. It's a light feeling. Like my insides would float away if my skin weren't wrapped around it.

It's a feeling of wanting. Wanting to create. And bend. And brighten.  And make.
Make something great. Something to be proud of.
It's like my soul is smiling. It's what I'm here to do.

Rock and punk songs play in my ears. I'm invincible. I'm young. And I have all the energy in the world.

I can feel the potential. It could be a masterpiece, a new logo, or...a blog post, perhaps?

I've already drawn a box furiously, for my Drawing Class. I've brainstormed and drawn out a logo design for my first client. I'm thinking of going to run around.

But, for the moment, I'm here. Typing these thoughts and feelings to the best of my ability. 

It feels weird writing this blog post, though. Because, knowing that people I don't know are going to read it, changes my mindset.
"What if...?" gets in the way. 
Especially after Dr. Rex's continual saying that people judge you by your writing...

Slowly...the lightness of my heart drops to a pit in my stomach. 

No-! Come back... I have more work to do...

...

7 comments:

  1. To continually write the thoughts that pop into your mind is simple, yet hard. To be able to coherently take thought after thought and write it down is tough work. When you think about thinking of what your thinking of, your diving deeper and deeper into your own psyche that you can get lost. Its the basic principle of daydreaming and if you did not know daydreaming is a sign of genius.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and i am sure you are a genius.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having the courage to write everything that you're thinking down takes a strong person. It his hard to let down you're guards but does it make you weak when you? You should never question yourself,always go with what makes you happy. Granted this may sound a little off topic but in order to be strong you must be weak.The weak are the strong,and it takes a genius to do it.So by letting your guards down...it makes you smarter then others.Besides people shouldn't judge who or what they don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fact that you were able to say all of this so easy is amazing! I wish I could make mine sound like that. When it comes to what Dr. Rex said about the whole people judge you by your writing, do not even worry about it. One, people should not judge someone they do not know. Two, I am pretty sure that anyone who reads this will instantly think you are amazingly smart. And I honestly think you have plenty to be proud of. I have only been around you when we did that faculty interview, but I was amazed. You seem like you give everything your all every time. And never second guess yourself. I know that it is easier said than done, but don’t ask “what if…” Just be yourself because no one will ever be you and can’t judge you for being you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going to judge you by your writing. I will judge you in a good way, though. I think this is amazing! You have a natural ability to write. The way that your words flow is amazing. I wish I had this talent. One of my weaknesses is writing. But, if I could have your skill of writing I would not be worried. I would feel so confident with every piece of work that I turn in to any class. Writing is an art, and you are a very good artist. You are able to shape your words so eloquently. I love this blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woooww. Just so inspiring. You are so good with words and creative things. You do you do it all? You have so much to say that will inspire people to do creative things.You have inspired me. I hope your love and passion will get you where you want.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. That is an amazing post. How did you come up with that? It is so poetic. I could literally sense what you were feeling. You made the words personal to the reader and they popped out on the page...I mean screen. It grasped my attention and made me want to continue reading until it was done. I also like the font. Just thought I would point that out. But just so you will not worry about it in the future, do not doubt your writing ability. You have talent, do not worry about others judging you. I look forward to your future posts!

    ReplyDelete