Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Life Plans and Kissing...

My mind has been jumbling through several different things. First of all, just in general, it makes me upset that I feel like I’m constricted in what I can write here because of the possibility of who may be reading this. I’m sure if you are reading this, then you’re fine. Don’t suddenly be afraid of: “Oh gosh. Whitney hates ME.” No. Not it at all.

Anyway, no need to dwell on that thought any more. I just won’t say certain things that are on my mind--even though they’re the things I probably need to get out the most. So, don’t ask. I won’t tell and I’ll most likely lie and say, “I don’t know. Just lots of different things.” That is me avoiding the subject, so let’s save some time and some breath by just not asking at all! Woo!

Now that that’s done with:

I’ve been worrying about my life recently. Like, my life plan.

Seriously, what in the world am I going to do?

Well, first off, if I was giving myself advice I’d ask, “Well, Whitney, what do you want to do?”


Goodness. What I want to do? I guess a lot of things. I want to move to Japan, I want to do something with my art, impact people, make change, do something different, I want to be a good wife, a good mother (SOMEDAY), I want to go places and ride rides, swim in the ocean, go to the mountains and be in a hot tub while its snowing, I want to help my neighbors, be a light for them, I want to open my own ice skating rink and live upstairs, I want to write books, I want to illustrate books, I want to draw and paint. I want to do something.


And at this point, I would have no clue what to say to myself except maybe a: “...why don’t you do those things?”


Because I don’t know how! I need money! Time! And actually a clue! I say I want to do something with art. What in the world does that mean? Art is such a broad term! Drawing? I like that. Painting? Its pretty but I’m not very good at it. Computer Design? I love working on the computer for art, but I don’t want to get stuck doing logos and posters for the rest of my life.


Complain! Complain! Complain!

What my thinking always seems to bottle down to is… I’m not good enough. Why in the freaking world would I be good enough? Sure, I have potential. I have ambition. But, so do a whole lot of other beautifully talented people. Why am I so different?

And, see right there. That sentence above. A friend of mine asked me that same question about himself and I told him the truth, why I thought he was amazing and why he could do it... And I believed that! Why can’t I believe in myself?

I’m pretty sure I’ve written previous posts about this. (Long time ago.) How this is what I always fall back on. My life’s sad, sad motif.

It’s self-pity, that’s what it is. I want someone to lift me up and tell me I’m awesome.

Isn’t that sad?

But, whatever. I CAN DO THIS. I’m going to live my life not afraid. I’ve been given this life. I can make something out of it. My dreams. They can become reality. I just…have to stop thinking. Easy enough, right?

 


Oh, something else I’ve been thinking about--and this may sound really, really strange and if you want to ignore me when you see me or talk about how weird I am behind my back: Go ahead! But, I’ve been thinking about kissing.

And, how weird it is. Have you ever thought about it? You put your mouth…on someone else’s mouth. How weird.

Now, my first kiss was with the boy who is still my beloved boyfriend. We weren’t even dating at the time. And, I was really nervous because I felt in my gut that he was going to kiss me, even the day before.

And, I admit it, I wanted him to, partly because I liked him, partly because I was curious as to what it felt like--seriously, almost 18 years of wondering--and partly because I have no idea why!

And, long story short, he finally kissed me.

Cue the fireworks and magically awesome fairy dust--!

--Wait. No. That’s not what happened.

I don’t know about anyone else, but my first kiss wasn’t all that magical. Seriously, the curiosity took over all other thought.

Kissing felt weird! I couldn’t tell what was happening and I was just doing whatever.

My brain told me: You want more of this. You need to figure out why it feels this way. So, that’s why I kept kissing. I had to decode what was going on.

And, for a long time I felt kind of bad because there were no fireworks. Were there supposed to be? Am I a crazy freak for being so curious about what kissing feels like? Probably.

Anyway, that’s really strange thing for me to write about… and if this was “TMI…” why’d you keep reading, ya freak? (insert laughter) Just kidding!

Oh, I will say something, though, kissing has become more magical as this past year and a half have gone by... Not sure why. But... it’s wonderful, and I don't want it to ever stop.

--OK. Whoa. I think I just flew right past the cheesiness boundaries! Sorry folks. This blog post officially needs to end on the account of third degree cheesy slaughter.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Whitney, glad to hear from you! I will admit it was strange reading this blog...but only because it is like reading my own train of thought. To tackle the first topic, I can totally understand about not ever feeling good enough for the ambitions and goals you and others have set. Though I am still young, I tend to put alot, and by this I mean more than 5 semi-trucks worth, of pressure on myself because I know how close the future is and I think if I mess up one thing the whole world could spontaenously combust. A bit dramatic yes, but that is how I tend to think. Also I never know if I am good enough to do anything, am I a good friend or are people just saying that? Everyone is saying I am a good debator but what if I let them down? Do I really deserve everything I am given? What I am trying to say is that you are not alone in this. I can completely empathize with you. I would like to say that based off your blogs, you are awesome, but I am not sure if that will make any difference since you don't even know me. Anyways on to the kissing topic...
    Just to set the record straight, I have not had my first kiss. Nor have I have been even close. I cannot say I have had any thoughts about kissing itself other than the strangeness of it. How do you know what you are supposed to do? I take it its instinct but still, it just seems strange to me. Probably I am being very immature but when I read about kissing in novels, its like its this big thing, but since I have no expirience in it I am left out of the loop and cannot relate to it. Anyways, I know that when it happens it will be pleasant and I'll enjoy it but until then... it is still completely strange. I am happy for you that you find it amazing and wonderful and so full of bliss, sounds like you have a great guy & I wish you guys the best. Not sure how to end this so just remember...in the words of my favorite warthog and meerkat...Hakuna Matata!

    ReplyDelete