Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Finals-a-doomin', Christmas-a-comin'

This is probably too late to count for my grade, but, oh well. 
It's silly how everyone seems to not follow their own advice. Why does that happen? Like, I truly believe that worrying doesn't help and so you shouldn't do it. Yet, I still worry. I fret. Over everything!
Oh, for example, all these projects I have to finish this week before finals. Yeah, I'm not worried about finals. I'm worried about finishing everything before! All my teachers have given plenty of time to finish everything and now it's like, "oh, a week left? Only two class periods? Here's a project that is bigger than anything you've done annnnnnd... You have half the time you usually have for smaller things! Wahoo! Christmas is almost here!"
. . .
Really? I can't think about Christmas! (Even though I do...) There is this huge mountain of poop in the road toward Christmas. It is like those video games that the screen is continually scrolling to the right. And I'm trying to move back away from the impending mountain so I have more time to shoot at it, but it. Just. Keeps. Getting. Closer. And. Closer.
I know I'll get it all done but, I'll be so very close to falling into the excrement, face first.
Gross? Yeah, I think so, too. 

My art projects are what worry me the most. I am the most perfectionist about art and at a certain point, you can't speed up how fast the colored pencils are going. I need to work on my English paper. And my computer classes I can only work on them in class because I don't have a computer with all the programs on it. Oh, the joy.

It's the most wonderful time of the year.

To be honest, all this truly hasn't ruined my Christmas mood. Even though I joke about it. I do love Christmas. But, it's difficult to describe why.
It's not the presents. Not receiving or giving. It's not the decorations nor the food. It's not truly that I get together with my family, because I do get to see them a lot through the year...

It has to be joy. And the choice to be close and to be happy with the people I share my life with. It's tradition that brings a glow to my heart. It's the thankfulness for resource and love. It's contentment. And simply the air of happiness. In the words from A Christmas Carol, it lightens our burdens. To me, Christmas isn't about material things. Hopefully, that will never change.
Hmm. I still don't feel like I've gotten through how it is to me. That's a little frustrating.

I love Christmas. I love people being happiness and joyous for no "real" reason. I love it!

Merry Christmas, everyone! 

1 comment:

  1. I can understand the frustrations of having to get everything done at the last minute. It is like something always seems to come up before a long-term project is due, so your immediate mental response is "oh, I have time". But it never seems to work out that way. I have faith that you will get it done though! Your art is amazing, your writing is great, and I bet once you get on the computer, you will do awesome with that as well! It is hard to keep from fretting, but the more you focus on getting the tasks done, the less you will have to fret about. As for Christmas, YAYYY is all i can add... I love Christmas.
    soooo
    MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! <<<-

    ReplyDelete